Tuesday 27 September 2011

I would rather take my chances...

I was looking in the Argos catalogue yesterday for electric breast pumps (as I certainly dont intend to do it manually) and I saw that the cheapest ones start at nearly £90.00 blimey Im certainly not paying that for one...

...I would rather take my chances on the farming equipment that James was hoping to get hold of!

While I was looking in the catalogue I found us a cheap travel system and even better than that we got £30.00 off too ;o)  We went instore to buy the item (which we had reserved online) James paid for it and gave me the receipt while I sat down (knowing that what we were buying would be instantly recognisable) and sure enough a couple of minutes later we saw one of the assistants struggling with our massive box (not quite sure how I managed it to be packaged).

I gave the lady the receipt and she found the product code (to make sure that we werent going to make off with someonelses buggy) and asked if we wanted to use a trolley James said yes please if its not too much trouble.

Then a bloke (who seemed to be just people watching) asked if we would like him to carry it back to the car for us, again James said yes please, and the bloke hoisted it on to his shoulder and carried it (like it weighed nothing at all) back to the car.  James got him to leave it by the car and then he struggled to get it onto the back seat.

I had meanwhile looked in the Mothercare catalogue to see if they were any cheaper on the electric breast pumps and sure enough I found one for £50.00 (LOL I probably would have said that this one was too expensive had I not seen how much they were in Argos).

While we were in there we looked at loads of other bits too including a highchair and a baby bath.

I went to use the toilet while I was in store and was well impressed that there was a potty in every cubicle...

...how good is that ;o)



4 comments:

Al said...

I see you're putting your time off to good use and are getting well prepared.

I do wonder though if all this shopping isn't driving James just a tiny bit mad! :)

Eileen H said...

Sure is an expensive time for you. The shopping list is very long.
My sister gave me all her baby stuff and so I bought very little. I was very lucky.

Eileen H said...

...and it didn't include any milking machinery and equipment :)

chocolat lover said...

Al - anything that drives James mad (even if just a tiny bit) cant be all bad ;o)

Eileen - my friends Sister in Law has some things that I can have a look at - I am just waiting for her to say when we can go over there